This ‘Volunteer Service Agreement’ describes the arrangement between the Remember My Baby (RMB) organisation and the RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer.
This said agreement is not regarded by either party as an employment relationship.
The RMB organisation wishes to assure you of our appreciation of your volunteering with us and will do the best we can to make your volunteer experience with us enjoyable and rewarding.
Scope of Service
RMB is a non-profit organisation whose ‘volunteers’ offer a professional baby remembrance portraiture service to ‘the client’ free of charge. Such a free service will include; the RMB volunteer photographer travelling to and from the hospital or birth centre, undertaking a private baby remembrance portrait session, professionally retouching said portraits if required, uploading the RMB photography session to the secure RMB photography session storage area of the RMB website and presenting said images on a Remember My Baby USB memory stick to ‘the client’ no later than 6 weeks after the RMB photography session taking place.
- Code of Conduct – A RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer agrees to abide by the RMB Code of Conduct and other relevant policies at all times.
- Fundraising – Any fundraising undertaken by a RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer in the name of RMB must be handed over to the RMB organisation without delay.
- Fees – The RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer agrees to pay an annual membership fee when it becomes due should they wish to remain a member of RMB. The annual RMB membership fee is currently £15.00, but this membership fee may change from time to time at the discretion of the RMB Board of Trustees. The RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer also agrees to pay a ‘nominal’ fee to attend any related RMB workshops or training if required.
- Volunteering of time – A RMB volunteer photographer must not invoice or charge ‘the client’ or the RMB organisation for any RMB services provided. This includes, but is not limited to charging for any RMB baby remembrance photography session undertaken, post editing, petrol or parking expenses, or any other related costs incurred which may be associated in offering a RMB service to ‘the client’. All RMB services must therefore be offered to ‘the client’ free of charge at all times.
- ‘Find a Photographer’ Directory – RMB retains the right to list upon its website the details of the RMB volunteer photographer in the ‘Find a Photographer’ directory.
- Confidentiality – As RMB is committed to maintaining the highest degree of integrity in all its dealings with potential families (the client), Health Care Professionals and others, both in terms of normal commercial confidentiality and the protection of all personal information received in the course of providing any RMB services concerned, a RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer must respect and maintain confidentially at all times. NB: Any person wishing to assist a RMB volunteer photographer (partner, spouse, employee, etc) must first apply to become a Volunteer Photographer’s Assistant before being allowed to accompany a volunteer photographer on RMB sessions due to reasons of confidentiality. Personal information obtained from RMB clients is confidential and must not be shared with third parties.
- Ownership of Images – Whilst the RMB volunteer photographer retains copyright to images created for ‘the client’, as per the RMB Code of Conduct the RMB volunteer photographer forfeits all usage rights to said images and may not use or publish them in any electronic or printed media format. This includes, but is not limited to using or publishing them on their own website, blog, or any and all social media or in printed format whatsoever. However, where consent is given by ‘the client’, RMB will also retain limited usage rights to images and may use such for educational and training purposes as well as furthering RMB’s goal by using images via printed and online materials.
- ‘The client’ receiving the gift of the RMB baby remembrance portraiture service are granted unlimited usage of said images solely for personal, non-commercial use.
- The RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer shall not promote their photography business or any other business whilst undertaking any RMB related activities.
- Any and all negotiations for discounts on goods and services from potential industry partners must be undertaken by a member of the RMB admin team, though we welcome referrals from volunteers who may have contacts within the industry. This will not only create a professional impression but also avoid instances of more than one RMB representative being in contact with a company at a time.
- This ‘Volunteer Service Agreement’ becomes effective between the ‘Remember My Baby’ (RMB) a non-profit organisation and the RMB ‘Volunteer’ from the date that the RMB ‘Volunteer’ officially becomes a member of RMB, and will be applicable during the period of that membership. Each party retains the right to terminate said agreement at any time by giving 28 days’ written notice. However, RMB retains the right to terminate this ‘Volunteer Service Agreement’ without notice should the volunteer not fully comply with the RMB Code of Conduct or fail to meet the standards of the Code of Conduct.
- Upon termination of their membership the RMB volunteer photographer must provide to RMB in writing without delay, details of any pending portraiture sessions, portraiture sessions undertaken and images, and also hand over completed sessions on a Remember My Baby USB memory stick so that alternative arrangements can be arranged to ensure ‘the client’ suffers no interruption to service.
- Indemnity – The RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer agrees to indemnify RMB and all of its officers and directors immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of or resulting in whole or in part from the RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer performance or failure to perform under this ‘Volunteer Service Agreement’.
- Limitation of Liability – RMB will not be liable for:
- Any damage or loss, whether direct, consequential, indirect or incidental, suffered by the RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer arising from or related to this ‘Volunteer Service Agreement’; including without limitation, loss of profits, interest, or revenue, or use or interruption of business.
- The RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer agrees that any funds expended or expenses incurred for labour, equipment, materials or other items with regard to its provision of Services to ‘the client’ are the sole responsibility of the RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer, and in no event shall RMB or ‘the client’ be liable for such expenses.
- The RMB volunteer photographer/other RMB volunteer hereby waives any and all claims now and in the future that it may have against RMB for liabilities, losses, actions, damages, judgments, costs or expenses of whatever nature, including solicitor fees incurred by reason or arising out of any injury or loss to any third parties, damage to property, loss of use of any property, any loss in business, violation of UK law, or otherwise in connection with or related to this ‘Volunteer Service Agreement’ and the provision of ‘Services’, including but not limited to ‘Photography Services’ to ‘the client’.